Living green is centered on not totally wasting energy, and one of those ways is in the car or truck you drive. We have always depended on gas to power our automobiles. Given that oil is a nonrenewable resource, we’ve been running out of it. Since the demand for oil has increased significantly over the past few years, the supply is running out a lot quicker than expected. At some point we will simply no longer have gas on the planet. Nonetheless we do have the technology to make use of water as a power source for the automobile.
You might think that it is impossible for a car to be run on oil, but it is true that the hydrogen for water can really power a car. One of the first hydrogen powered cars that was ever created was by German automobile maker, BMW. Very few were created, but what if more of these automobiles were now being driven on the motorways. The BMW Hydrogen 7 comes with an engine that uses both gas and hydrogen, so it still uses gas, but it is an improvement. As technology improves, the day will come when the car can run on hydrogen solely, and gas will not be needed.
There are vehicles, such as the Prius, which run on gas and electricity, thanks to fuel cell technology, but hydrogen combustion is about a decade old. Although the technology is there, building an engine that can efficiently use a green energy source has been challenging. Water has to be kept in 30 gallon tanks that can prevent the water from evaporating. A garden hose cannot be used yet, to fill a tank, but the BMW H2R is partially fueled by water, using liquid nitrogen as a fuel. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in just 6 seconds, while achieving a top speed of 185.5 mph, with 285 horsepower.
The best reason to use water for some, is that hydrogen combustion does not emit the same harmful pollutants into the atmosphere as petrol or diesel. It weighs less than hydrocarbon fuels, burns quicker than regular gasoline, and doesn’t emit carbon monoxide. It is expected that we can find cars that run on water within the next 10 to 20 years. As soon as car dealers can make it lucrative, we’re going to see companies producing water-based cars in huge quantities.
With the increasing price of gas, the best option for us at this time is the electric car. Many people are searching for alternative ways to travel as the cost of gas is going up and up. We can count on a green energy-powered vehicle on the market in the near future. The only real limitation we have right now is our imagination.
Defending the planet is merely one advantage of green living. The problem lies with everybody on the earth. Lots of the tiny things you do are in reality doing harm to the planet. Driving your car or truck, using electrical power and throwing recyclable waste products away are all detrimental to the environment. Now there is no need for absolutely everyone to jump on to the tree hugger train and become fanatics, but changing a few little things can really make a big difference. In this article are some suggestions for green living.
1. You can begin by switching out the light bulbs inside your house to the energy star rated lights, also called fluorescent bulbs. Although they can be more expensive they will save you cash over time as they cost just one third of the price to use. This is because fluorescent light bulbs produce a lot more light per watt and last a whole lot longer as compared to regular light bulbs.
2. Shut down and unplug any electronic products that arent being used. You might have your television on idle however, if its still plugged in and a light is on then youre consuming electricity. This applies to any electronic device, may it be your Television set, computer, stereo or printer.
3. Want a very simple way to save money and minimize pollution, try reducing your thermostat 1 degree. It is possible to save up to ten percent of your oil consumption by using this one trick. Over time these fuel saves can add up to a whole lot of money.
4. Rather than turning the heating on whenever youre slightly cold simply wrap up in more layers. Wearing a sweat shirt or a fleece can make a huge difference. Additionally, on top of that you will save money.
5. Simply by making a change from a desktop computer to a laptop computer you can save 50% on the electrical power used. Anytime a laptop is working off of its power packs it uses even less energy.
6. Keep all of your current vehicles tuned up and working good. Many individuals can walk to where they have to go but choose to drive instead, if you have the option, go for a walk. Be sure to replace your air and oil filters regularly, this will keep your car or truck running at optimum fuel capacity. Even just these easy and inexpensive checks helps the environment and also help you save money.
7. People also waste lots of water in there homes each day by doing a wash and of course the toilet. I really do understand that these things certainly are a necessity and you are unable to go without them, but you can obtain products that could help you save water and money. By conserving your water you will also be able to lower your water bill. You will find new toilet bowls on the market that now have a couple of flush modes. You will find the option to flush as standard or you can conserve water by making use of the gentle flush setting.
8. Remember the 3 R s? Recycle, reuse and reduce. There are tons of household items that do not belong in the trash, like glass and paper and even metals are recyclable, therefore recycle them. And because most rubbish companies provide you recyclable bins, keeping every thing divided isn’t really that hard. You can even reuse some things instead of shopping for them again and wasting material.
Simply by making a handful of tiny changes and putting in a little effort, you can certainly make the planet healthier. Recycling isn’t just a phase, it is a basic need for our planet, if we do not start protecting our planet, over time the earth will likely be uninhabitable.
If you want to live a green life, then you have to seek out ways to reduce wasting energy like how you use your car. We have always relied on oil to power our cars. Because petroleum is a nonrenewable resource, we are running out of it. It depends on who you listen to, but the gas supply gets less every year, because of the world’s need for oil. Eventually we’ll simply no longer have petroleum on the planet. Because there’s a green energy source in water which can power a car or truck, why wait to begin using it.
The hydrogen that can be extracted from water can be used to power the engines of many cars. BMW was one of the first car makers to create a hydrogen powered automobile. Very few were created, but what if more of these vehicles were now being driven on the motorways. The BMW Hydrogen 7 possesses an engine which uses both gas and hydrogen, so it still uses gasoline, but it is a vast improvement. In the future, we can expect to see vehicles that run solely on hydrogen fuel.
There are vehicles, such as the Prius, which run on fuel and electricity, due to fuel cell technology, but hydrogen combustion is about a decade old. While the technology is there, making an engine that can efficiently use a green energy source has been difficult. Water is held in a tank that is 30 gallons and it stops the water from evaporating. A garden hose cannot be used yet, to fill up a tank, but the BMW H2R is partially fueled by water, using liquid nitrogen as a fuel. The car has the ability to go from 0 to 60 mph in just 6 seconds and it has 285 horsepower with a top speed of 185.5 mph.
The best reason to use water for some, is that hydrogen combustion doesn’t emit the same harmful pollutants into the atmosphere as petrol or diesel. It burns a lot quicker than gas, it does not give off carbon monoxide and it weighs less than hydrocarbon fuels. Many people hope that water can be a source of energy for vehicles within the next 10 to 20 years. Once dealerships can make it profitable, we are going to see companies producing water-based cars in huge quantities.
The most suitable choice you have today is the electric auto, which has become far more popular with the soaring gas prices. So many people are looking for alternative ways to travel because the cost of gas is going up and up. It certainly won’t be very long before we see a car or truck that will run on a green energy source like water. About the only thing holding it back right now is the reluctance of people to believe that a vehicle could run on water.